Friday, May 18, 2012

V C Rocks Blog Hop

Welcome to our first blog hop at VCROCKS for 2012

 Heart shaped card

Paper: very vanilla, real red, Twitterpated DSP
Stamp: Take it to heart (retired)
Ink: Soft Suede
Ribbon: Soft Suede
Brad: retired
Framelits Die: Hearts Collection
Embossing folders: Vintage wallpaper, Perfect polka dots

I folded a sheet of very vanilla in half and layered the largest heart framelit on top making sure not to cut 2 heart shapes but to let the die go over the top of the paper a little bit. My layer of dsp was cut with the same heart die and I glued it on top so as to cover the card and not show that a few of the scallops were not cut fully. I cut a smaller heart out of very vanilla and embossed with the vintage folder and a smaller heart from real red and embossed with the perfect polka dot embossing folder. I stamped the image with soft suede on very vanilla and cut it out with a smaller heart die.
I glued all layers together and added the ribbon and brad.
I forget what I put inside as I sent these to my two sons and daughter in laws for Valentine's Day.
Another heart card made with the Twitterpated  DSP.

Thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of the hop with all the talented bloggers.

This is the starting point if you need to go back:   http://www.vcrocks.blogspot.com/   Home Page

This is the next blog on the hop:     http://jackielwatson.blogspot.com/  Creative Designs by Jackie



Mary Campbell My Stampin Up website: http://marycampbell.stampinup.net

21 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Oooh, I love the different color layouts. Great technique for showing stuff off.

Krafting Karen said...

wonderful! I really wish this set had made it into the new catty. Oh well. Thanks for sharing!

Patrice H said...

Wow those hearts are amazing! I love all the layers and colors and textures.

MJ said...

i love different shaped cards. This is an awesome card! Love the papers, colors and shape!

Elizabeth said...

Love them both! Great cards!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! These are great! Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth kratzer

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Very pretty cards. I seldom make shaped cards, but love them. I may have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

Kristi said...

These are beautiful! I, too, wish that set had made it into the new catty!

Dawn said...

Oh, I love this--am going to have to try it as soon as I have time!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and sweet!!! Love it!!

Crafts by Heidi said...

Such cute cards!! I love them! I also wish tis stamp set made it to the new catty!

creations by jackie said...

Well done, I love Vintage Hearts and your card is wonderful.

Terri said...

Very nice Mary!

inkedx2 said...

Great card with a fabulous way to use up some of our ds paper! TFS

inkedx2 said...

Great card with a fabulous way to use up some of our ds paper! TFS

Carey said...

Great job. I love what you have done.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

Terri's Stamping Stuff said...

I love the hearts...sooo cute!

Chris Occhipinti said...

Oh, so pretty, I love that DSP and your layering is wonderful!

Janice said...

What a pretty card. I love that set and I didn't get it, such a shame. You did a great job with the colors.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Very pretty card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...